[Setup] Re: Setup Digest, Vol 40, Issue 29

Goran Sljivic sljivic at simet.hr
Sat Feb 28 11:42:43 UTC 2009

>>    1. Re: Problem migration Plone 2.5.1 to 3.03 (Nick Davis)

>> Message: 1
>> Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:38:50 +0000
>> From: Nick Davis <nd51 at leicester.ac.uk>
>> Subject: [Setup] Re: Problem migration Plone 2.5.1 to 3.03
>> To: setup at lists.plone.org
>>
>> Goran Sljivic wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone
>>>
>>> Have problem whit migration from subject.I was try with small step
>>> between Plone version example (from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2 from 2.5.2 to .2.5.3
>>> etc.):Last version in who I did migrate is Plone 2.5.5.But from any
>>> 2.5.x  version step in any 3.x version is impossible for me.Always same
>>> error: Sorry for possible grammar & typing mistakes.
>>>

>> Hi Goran,
>>     1. You may need to give us some more information -
>> Please look in event.log and paste a fuller traceback if there is one.
>>
> Hi Nick
>

> For first thank you for answer.Event.log send you in attach.
> Orginal traceback is history:)My VMware machine  station with orginal
> traceback is crashdown.
> Now is installed new one VMware WinXP station for test migration
> procedure.Event.log wich send you is newest attempt of migration.Now was
> try migrate from 2.5.1 to 3.0.3 version.Orginal Data.fs is from Debian
> Etch box.
> WinXP VMware box using for attempts migration to higher versions of
> Plone.But I think is result of traceback same like previous.Same problem
> stay.
>
>> 2. Also, what 3rd-party products do you have installed? And what
>> customisations have you made? Either 3rd-party products, or
>> customisations, are likely to be causing the problem.
>>
> Products in orginal site is:   Archetypes 1.4.1-final
>                                                CMFPlacefulWorkflow 1.0.2
>                                                MimetypesRegistry
> 1.4.1-final
>                                                PasswordResetTool 0.4.1
>                                                PortalTransforms
> 1.4.1-final
>                                                kupu kupu 1.3.8
>
> I was made change logo, change background color in custom Portal skin
> than I did try  folder icon replace with any other.And try to change
> favicon.In this moment only in use is changed logo different than
> classical Plone skin.
>
>> 3. I don't know if this will help, but you could try first clearing and
>> rebuilding your catalog by going, in the ZMI, to portal_catalog, then to
>>   "advanced" tab, then click "clear and rebuild" button. This will take
>> a long time to run. Then see if migration works after that. (No
>> gurantees).
>>
> Clearing and rebuilding it was first what I do in above order.I think it
> is visible in event.log.
> Excuse for eventually language incorrections.

> [...]
Hi Nick once again.
Thank you for elaborate my problem.I am novice in Plone world and web
application.What you mean under 3rd-party products?
 I was try install package sounds like "PromoMachine".But Plone did´nt
recognise this package and after that I was delete it from Products
directory.Maybe problem is in Debian package?Is it possible?I dont know.
 This is test Plone site for future pruduction site on Debian Etch
server(soon plannned upgrade to  Debian Lenny ).Solution now is start
with new test site with Plone-Site3 (example 3.0.3)and try migration in
3.1.7 for probe.

Best regards

Goran