[Setup] Re: Debian packaging of Plone 3.2.1

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Feb 27 17:57:05 UTC 2009

Hi Fabio,

Great to be in touch with you!

>From my point of view, the ideal thing to do would be to fold in a
version of the Unified Installer (which is distributed as a tarball,
source kit) that simply omits all the components (Python 2.4, PIL and
Zope) that can be installed from debian components.

The Unified Installer already honors flags that will let you specify
path to python you want to use. If there's not a flag for the zope you
want to use, I'll be happy to add that.

The most significant problem you'll probably have to deal with is that
buildout wants to control the Zope instance. My understanding from
Erik Rose is that the debian zope install wants to do that. We'll have
to figure out a way to work through that. Erik may have ideas.

Steve

--

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC