[Setup] Using buildout on Windows XP - bin\instance failing

squibobblepants tom at tomblockley.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 16:11:24 UTC 2009

That is an interesting point.

I think I may have got a little carried away with trying to do this the
"right way" rather than the "easy way" with magick installers which may or
may not work...

Anyway, I had considered that maybe the commands were wrong, and had been
playing with a few arguments etc, using just bin\instance as mentioned in
the readme. Thanks for pointing me to that; it was spot on!

However, that wasn't the problem. The problem is in line 38 of
egg\zope\server\http\wsgihttpserver.py:

> if sys.platform[:3] == "win" and args[0] == 'localhost':

This line was falling over however I tried to run the instance. Commenting
this out resulted in a succesful instance being created. Now, I don't know
if this would have any knock on effects? Or perhaps it is a piece of legacy
code that is now unnecessary?!

Cheers,
Tom