[Setup] Installing Plone on XP - cant get to controller

cooperc supercooper at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 20:05:44 UTC 2009

Plone newb here...When I install Plone via latest installer on Windows XP
(also tried on XP Home) with admin rights, all seems to go well, but no
Plone/Zope svcs are started, and there is no Plone folder on Start|Programs,
so I cannot get to the controller to start/stop Plone.
http://localhost:8080/ gets me nowhere. Anyone ever seen this before? I
installed on Macbook today no problems and its running great. Thanks.