[Setup] Access Denied.

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Thu Feb 19 16:21:56 UTC 2009

> There's nothing in
>  /usr/local/Plone$ cat zeocluster/parts/zeoserver/log/,
>  /usr/local/Plone$ cat zeocluster/parts/client1/log/, or
>  /usr/local/Plone$ cat zeocluster/parts/client1/log/

Unless your buildout.cfg is really fouled up, those aren't the log
files. Check in the "var" directory in the same directory as your
buildout.cfg file.

A couple of hints: 1) Check to make sure that the user identity under
which Plone runs (the effective-user) in your buildout can actually
write to your var directory. 2) Try starting one of the clients in
foreground mode for better diagnostics:

jfl at ws0:/etc/bind$ sudo /usr/local/Plone/zeocluster/bin/plonectl server start
jfl at ws0:/etc/bind$ sudo /usr/local/Plone/zeocluster/bin/plonectl client1 fg