[Setup] Problem with versioning

kevind daum1kc at cmich.edu
Wed Feb 18 21:06:53 UTC 2009

kevind wrote:

> I can verify that DeStefano's post is helpful for sites that have _not_
> been migrated. After using the unified installer for Plone 3.1.7 on linux
> (Ubuntu) and adding a vanilla Plone site, I had no (zero) entries in
> myPloneSite/portal_diff. I had to add them by hand as per DeStefano's
> instructions.

The nice thing is that, after adding the entries to the portal_diff
"Differences by Type" form, I could view all the diffs (use the "compare to
_____ revision" links) for the changes I had made even though they were all
made before I added those entries. So, the diff info was still being saved
even before entries existed in portal_diff for those types.

~Kevin