[Setup] Problem with versioning

kevind daum1kc at cmich.edu
Wed Feb 18 20:50:36 UTC 2009

deesto wrote:

> For sites migrated from an earlier version, this may be helpful:
> http://destefano.wordpress.com/2008/07/25/fixing-plone-versioning/
>
> It may also be helpful for sites that have _not_ been migrated, but I'm
> not so sure about that ....
>
> ~John

I can verify that DeStefano's post is helpful for sites that have _not_ been
migrated. After using the unified installer for Plone 3.1.7 on linux
(Ubuntu) and adding a vanilla Plone site, I had no (zero) entries in
myPloneSite/portal_diff. I had to add them by hand as per DeStefano's
instructions. Presumably this is a bug with the unified installer because
Ch. 7 of Practical Plone 3 implies that Plone will do versioning for Pages,
News Items, Events and Links out of the box.

According to my Site Setup, my versions look like this:
Plone 3.1.7
CMF 2.1.1
Zope (Zope 2.10.6-final, python 2.4.5, linux2)
Python 2.4.5 (#1, Jan 14 2009, 14:57:46) [GCC 4.3.2]
PIL 1.1.6

~Kevin