[Setup] buildout or dzhandle?

athomerson athomerson at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 13 21:57:44 UTC 2009

I have built several Plone 2.5 sites on a Debian server and I have been using
dzhandle to do it.  Now I am starting to do some development with Plone 3.2
and I have used buildout on my laptop.  I like both tools and having
followed a number of threads on the advantages of buildout I would be happy
to bite the bullet and build production sites on my Debian server using
buildout.  I would like to use the dzhandle recipe that was written by
Bluedynamics, but it doesn't support building zeoservers.  I could build the
zeoserver using dzhandle and the zope clients using buildout (and the
dzhandle recipe), but I would like to add blob support with plone.app.blob
and it really wants me to use buildout.  I am looking for a little guidance
here.  Should I abandon dzhandle and build everything with buildout?  Is
dzhandle no longer the accepted way of building sites on Debian?