[Setup] Plone 3.2/3.2.1 setup for Windows?

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Tue Feb 10 16:55:04 UTC 2009

Sorry, I fouled up. It's 3.1.7: http://plone.org/products/plone/releases/3.1.7

> I second the guy who alerted about the possibility of Plone loosing user
> prospects because of no info on Windows installers for current releases.

The release of 3.2.1 without a Windows installer was a result of a
mis-communication between the release manager and the windows
installer maintainer. It is *not* the result of any policy change.
Those of us who work on installers are acutely aware that the Windows
installer is by far our most popular.

> Another possible problem that I noticed is that finding the older stable
> releases got harder after the last modifications on plone.org. As of now, if
> one wants to get an older release, one should click on the "Download Plone"
> link under the "Get Plone" in the homepage, or on the Download tab and then
> on the "Get Plone for your platform" banner. Then the only way to go is a
> discreet "Releases" item in the nav portlet.

Agreed. It was the intention of those implementing the PSC update that
their would be a new portlet to provide the releases, documentation,
etc. links. Still in the works.

Steve