[Setup] Plone 3.2/3.2.1 setup for Windows?

Alberto Lopes alberto at alopes.com
Tue Feb 10 16:36:39 UTC 2009

Steve,

In the 3.2 release area (http://plone.org/products/plone/releases/3.2) there
is no information on the 3.2 installer for Windows (and ironically there is
a "Windows Update" section stating that you shouldn't install that missing
installer on top of non buildout installs).

I second the guy who alerted about the possibility of Plone loosing user
prospects because of no info on Windows installers for current releases.

Another possible problem that I noticed is that finding the older stable
releases got harder after the last modifications on plone.org. As of now, if
one wants to get an older release, one should click on the "Download Plone"
link under the "Get Plone" in the homepage, or on the Download tab and then
on the "Get Plone for your platform" banner. Then the only way to go is a
discreet "Releases" item in the nav portlet.

There should be some links in the text at
http://plone.org/products/plonesaying something like "Click here to go
to our releases archives".