[Setup] Going crazy about Plone and Apache

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Thu Feb 5 00:41:18 UTC 2009

On Feb 4, 2009, at 12:59 PM, FilipeFreitas wrote:

> The frameset is on the DNS side, i don't know why they did it like
> that.
> That monster link doesn't work, as the images and CSS are not
> loaded. =S

That's very odd.  Maybe it's because you're asking your service to
point a domain to a subdirectory?  Can't do that in DNS.  Still, a
frameset seems like a silly way to proxy to a subdirectory.  Should be
done in the server config instead.  Fix that first.  Set up a real DNS
entry for this domain pointing to the correct IP address (or CNAME)
and add a matching VirtualHost container for this domain in your web
server config.

Next, you really need to give us more before we can help you.  We need
at least two bits of information.  First, what is the non-VHM URL you
can use to reach the Plone instance root directly (avoiding any Zope
accessrules and Apache server proxies)?  Second, what is the public
URL you wish to be able to reach the same location?

Or you can read up on VHM (and access rules) and figure it out
yourself.  :-)

Some docs on VHM:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/plone-apache/vhm/
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/plone-with-apache