[Setup] Going crazy about Plone and Apache

FilipeFreitas filipefreitas at ua.pt
Wed Feb 4 16:40:56 UTC 2009

I'm going crazy!
I can't make Apache and Plone play nice together, and everything I try
doesn't work.
The problem is that it seems that the CSS and images are not downloaded or
evaluated.
I've read every thread about this and nothing seems to fix the problem, and
my only hope now is to open this thread.

I need help coming up with a correct virtualhostmonster link.
We need Plone to rewrite links to http://www.bioinformatics-portugal.org/.
Servername is bioserver.ieeta.pt, Apache is on port 80, and Plone is on port
81 (http), 8081 (zope).
http://www.bioinformatics-portugal.org/ redirects to
bioserver.ieeta.pt/rede.

This works:
http://bioserver.ieeta.pt:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/bioserver.ieeta.pt/Plone/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_rede/

But we need to rewrite the links to http://www.bioinformatics-portugal.org/.
http://bioserver.ieeta.pt:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/www.bioinformatics-portugal.org/Plone/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_rede/

I've tried every combination, custom ports included, etc. Nothing seems to
work.
I've tried this like:

ProxyPass		/rede
http://bioserver.ieeta.pt:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/bioserver.ieeta.pt:81/Plone/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_rede/
ProxyPassReverse 	/rede
http://bioserver.ieeta.pt:8081/VirtualHostBase/http/www.bioinformatics-portugal.org:80/Plone/VirtualHostRoot/

But links are not rewritten.
I've also tried apache rewrite rules but nothing happens
Anyone know a solution?