[Setup] Re: RSS in plone 3.1

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 4 11:28:29 UTC 2009

Larry kavanagh wrote:
> I don't know .. it's just not appearing.
> I've closed my browser .. tried a different browser .. stopped / started
> plone but no joy.
> Downloaded that book but RSS stuff in that is more concerned with
> syndication of folders etc,etc (book will come in handy though)
> Also don't see anything in plone logs .. I'm thinking it might be
> something different entirely .. like javascript or something that
> displays the actual link ??

Maybe you've chosen a feed in a format unsupported by Plone's
RSS porlet?

I just checked on a current (testing) site of mine and while

http://plone.org/search_rss?portal_type=PSCRelease&sort_on=Date&sort_order=reverse&review_state=alpha&review_state=beta&review_state=release-candidate&review_state=final

showed up as expected

  http://www.python.org/channews.rdf

didn't :-(
The latter (claims to) be/is RSS 2 so I would have
expected it to work.

Feel free to file a ticket if there isn't any yet.

Raphael