[Setup] Re: Migrating from Plone 2.1.3 to 2.5.5 in hopes of eventually hitting 3.1.7

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 11:46:24 UTC 2009

Irfon-Kim Ahmad wrote:
> I'm having some trouble migrating our Plone 2.1.3 site to current.

Since the 2.1->2.5 migration is well-tested / well-excercised code, the
problem probably lies in customisation you did to your site , or a bad
interaction of a 3rd-party product.

Think about 3rd-party products do you have installed and to what extent
have you customised this site.

Since customisation is much easier with Plone 3, as well as differently
done, I would suggest you try to de-brand your existing site as much as
possible before migrating, to try to help it through migration, then
rebrand it afterwards.

Hope this helps,
Nick

--