[Setup] Re: Help - Problems FAQulator and eXtremeManagement

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Dec 21 21:17:11 UTC 2009

Nahren, on 2009-12-16:

> Hi, I'm new here :ninja:
>
> I am currently having issues installing these two add-ons through the
> buildout.cfg file (Products.FAQulator and Products.eXtremeManagement)
>
> eXtremeManagement goes through the buildout ok, and then when I go to the
> site, this is the error I receive:
>
> Site Error
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> TypeError
> ('Could not adapt', , ) (Also, the following error occurred while attempting
> to render the standard error message, please see the event log for full
> details: ('Could not adapt', <CacheTool at /Plone/portal_cache_settings used
> for /Plone/default_error_message>, <InterfaceClass
> Products.Archetypes.interfaces._schema.ISchema>))Traceback (innermost last):
> Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 202, in publish_module_standard Module
> ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish Module Zope2.App.startup, line 221,
> in zpublisher_exception_hook Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
> Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply Module ZPublisher.Publish, line
> 42, in call_object Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__
> Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec Module
> Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 216, in _exec Module
> Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 28, in FSPT_pt_render Module
> Products.CacheSetup.content.cache_tool, line 271, in getEnabled Module
> Products.Archetypes.BaseObject, line 241, in getField Module
> Products.Archetypes.BaseObject, line 830, in Schema TypeError: (see above)
>
> ALL of the other installs are fine, and have been added through the add-on
> area of the website.

Stop the instance and start it on the foreground like this:
bin/instance fg

That may stop with an informative error instead of continuing like
'bin/instance start' tries.

At least this error looks like a variant of the error in this thread:
http://markmail.org/message/4jvwlqrwyhbppkyr

See also
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.eXtremeManagement#installation

> With FAQulator these are the issues I get on ubuntu server 8.0.4 (yes I do
> know that this add-on is a bit dated):
>
> Getting distribution for 'Products.FAQulator'.
> error: Couldn't find a setup script in
> /usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/downloads/dist/Products.Faqulator.tar.gz
> An error occured when trying to install Products.Faqulator [unknown
> version].Look above this message for any errors thatwere output by
> easy_install.
> While:
>   Installing client1.
>   Getting distribution for 'Products.FAQulator'.
> Error: Couldn't install: Products.Faqulator [unknown version]

Products.FAQulator does not exist (spelling does not matter).  It is
still an old-style product.  So in your buildout.cfg you will have to
use the productdistros (plone.recipe.distros) or productcheckouts
(infrae.subversion) part.

I have this in a Plone 3.0.6 buildout for a client, which uses a
specific revision of the trunk (probably because that happened to be
the most recent change when the site went live):

[productcheckouts]
recipe = infrae.subversion
urls =
    http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/FAQulator/trunk@58927 FAQulator