[Setup] MySQL-python in the buildout for Windows

Giovanni Toffoli toffoli at uni.net
Thu Dec 3 13:41:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm customizing buldout.cfg after installing Plone 3.3.2 with the Windows
installer.
I've added the line
    MySQL_python
to the list of eggs in the [buildout] section.

Trying to re-execute the buildout, it terminates with the following error
trace

C:\zope\plone33>bin\buildout -N
Uninstalling zopepy.
Uninstalling instance.
Updating zope2.
Updating fake eggs
Updating productdistros.
Installing instance.
Getting distribution for 'MySQL-python'.
_mysql.c
_mysql.c(34) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'config-win.h':
No such file or directory
error: Setup script exited with error: command '"C:\Programmi\Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin\cl.exe"' failed with exit status 2
An error occured when trying to install MySQL-python 1.2.3c1.Look above this
message for any errors that were output by easy_install.
While:
  Installing instance.
  Getting distribution for 'MySQL-python'.
Error: Couldn't install: MySQL-python 1.2.3c1

If I manually download from pypi an older egg,
MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg, which includes only Python modules, and
put it inside the buildout-cache\eggs sub-directory, I can re-execute the
same buildout without errors.

I met the same problem also with Plone 3.2.3.
Please, note that, besides VisualStudio-Vc7, I have also the MinGW compiler
(mingw32-gcc.exe, also renamed mingw32.exe) and that the "Path" system
variable of Windows is set appropriately.
Should I mention MinGW in the buildout? How? Or am I missing some other
thing?
TIA

Giovanni