[Setup] Block Egg Dependencies?

jjkunce jjkunce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 01:14:22 UTC 2009

Hi -

My general question is: Is there a way in buildout to *block* the install of
a product specified as a dependency by another product?  Alternatively, is
there a way to tell buildout to *delete* or *ignore* certain products at a
certain point in the process.

Here is my specific problem. I am creating a Plone 3.3.2 buildout for
windows that includes plone.app.ldap.  The chain of dependencies ends up
installing a python-ldap in the buildout which conflicts with the
python-ldap installed in my system python.  I have to manually delete the
buildout copy of the python-ldap before plone will run.

If someone can solve the specific problem, that would be great.  But I'm
really more interested in the general question: How can I stop an egg from
doing what it thinks is the right thing, but is wrong for me?

Thanks.

  -- Jeff