[Setup] Evaluating various Portal products how would one import a websphere portal 5.1 web site into plone

bobweekend bob.allen at wnco.com
Tue Aug 25 19:25:35 UTC 2009

We currently have a fairly large intranet site. The navigation tree is both
wide and deep.  It contains over 500 pages which hold over 1400 portlets.
Most of the portlets are IFrames which hold html content.

We use documentum for content management.  The portal just sees the
resultant html files.

We are evaluating various portal products to replace Websphere Portal 5.1.
One stumbling point is how can we leverage the existing portal configuration
in a new portal.  This gives Websphere portal 6.1 a big advantage.

We currently use xmlaccess to move content from Dev->QA->Prod.  Is there an
import utility for the Websphere generated XML files so that we can get
PLONE up and running quickly.

Thanks,
Bob