[Setup] Unable to access Zope root from ZMI with plone 3.2.2

xtpaul paul at xtny.net
Sat Aug 15 16:00:18 UTC 2009

I had the same issue. After much head banging found out you can get to Zope
root by using:

http://localhost:8080/_SUPPRESS_ACCESS_RULE

I believe the previous Windows installer setup this access rule to enable
Zope on 8080 and Plone on 80 or 81.

Once you do that you can disable the access rule by selecting Set Access
Rule from the Add drop down box on the right. Then click No Access Rule. Be
aware though that this will make the Zope intro screen come up when you go
to http://localhost:8080. ZMI will come up when you go to
http://localhost:8080/manage and Plone would be http://localhost:8080/Plone.

I'm not sure how to set it up on multiple ports the way it was before, maybe
someone else can jump in here and advise.