[Setup] Redhat Installation

jflesher jeff at myremoteaccess.com
Mon Apr 13 03:09:06 UTC 2009

I have found a lot on instructions for installing Zope/Plone; but I can't find many that cover Redhat; besides one that is old and doesn't work with the latest version. My problem is as such; I'm installing a production version on CentOs 5.3 x64 and a development version on Fedora 10 x64; both Redhat installations, I own both servers and have URL's already pointed to the IP address on them; both installations work good on port 8080; so here is my question: Do I use mod_wsgi or use mod_python and is it related to my next problem.
I have installed it on both machines under root using the Unified Installer; what I don't understand is how I get it to run from a normal URL without the 8080 and how do I start it as a service so I don't have to run a start command; I see mod_rewrites that I have tired to implement but are not working; I'm new to Plone and Python, I've read documents for weeks now and I'm no closer to solving this problem then the day I decided to use Plone.
Thanks

-----
Jeff Flesher
http://vetshelpcenter.com/