[Setup] Zope users and Plone users

Wohnlich, Eric (IMS) WohnlichE at imsweb.com
Fri Sep 26 17:14:58 UTC 2008

Hello,
I have noticed that when I import a Plone site from a zexp file my Zope
user (I don't know the appropriate term - my user is setup in acl_users
on the root in the ZMI) always receives an error "AttributeError:
getGroups" when trying to see that site. I can get this user from
portal_membership inside the Plone site, but indeed the getGroups method
returns an AttributeError.

This does not seem to happen when I create a new Plone site though
(instead of importing). In fact, I can import site1 and get the
AttributeError, create a new site2, and then no longer get the error on
site1! My guess is that some step is missed to identify users created
outside of portals but when a new site is created Zope is traversed, or
Zope's acl_users is updated in such a way that these users are properly
identified by all Plone portals I have in Zope.

Obviously creating and then deleting a new Plone site every time I need
to import one is not exactly efficient - can anyone provide me with a
better approach to make sure imported Plone sites identify my users
correctly?

Thanks,
Eric

Information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for the addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the addressee(s), or an employee or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender of the error.