[Setup] IndexError: list index out of range (Plone 3.1.5.1, Zope Zope 2.10.6)

olvadi oburuiana at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 11:02:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm newbee and trying to install plone on Windows XP SP3.

I installed Zope 2.10.6, created a new instance and copied the Plone files
(lib and products) into the instance. Zope is running and I have access to
it in the ZMI. All products are also listed in the ZMI.

Now I tried creating a new Plone site from ZMI (CMFPlone -> Plone Site ->
Add ...) with no success. I get an IndexError. I tried several times. I also
created a new instance with new Plone products, but nothing changed.

Here is the traceback:

2008-09-26T12:29:18 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/CMFPlone/manage_addProduct/CMFPlone/addPloneSite
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFPlone.factory, line 85, in addPloneSite
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 390, in
runAllImportStepsFromProfile
   - __traceback_info__: profile-Products.CMFPlone:plone
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1182, in
_runImportStepsFromContext
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1093, in _doRunImportStep
   - __traceback_info__: content
  Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.content, line 37, in
importSiteStructure
  Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.content, line 166, in import_
  Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.content, line 185, in _makeInstance
  Module Products.CMFCore.TypesTool, line 716, in constructContent
  Module Products.CMFCore.TypesTool, line 276, in constructInstance
  Module Products.CMFCore.TypesTool, line 450, in _constructInstance
  Module Products.ATContentTypes.content.folder, line 7, in addATBTreeFolder
  Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 347, in _setObject
  Module zope.event, line 23, in notify
  Module zope.component.event, line 26, in dispatch
  Module zope.component._api, line 130, in subscribers
  Module zope.component.registry, line 290, in subscribers
  Module zope.interface.adapter, line 535, in subscribers
  Module zope.component.event, line 33, in objectEventNotify
  Module zope.component._api, line 130, in subscribers
  Module zope.component.registry, line 290, in subscribers
  Module zope.interface.adapter, line 535, in subscribers
  Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 249, in
handleContentishEvent
  Module Products.Archetypes.CatalogMultiplex, line 35, in indexObject
  Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 385, in catalog_object
  Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 536, in catalog_object
  Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 339, in catalogObject
  Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 277, in updateMetadata
  Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 417, in recordify
  Module Products.Archetypes.ExtensibleMetadata, line 601, in Creator
  Module Products.Archetypes.ExtensibleMetadata, line 589, in listCreators
IndexError: list index out of range

Hope somebody has a hint for me!
Thanks for help.

Olvadi