[Setup] Configure Plone sites with Python : I'd like have some clues to start...

tcr t.ceretto at chu-nancy.fr
Thu Sep 25 14:26:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

Before post here, I have searched in Documentation and Forums but I don't
found what I looking for. :-(

(Zope 2.8.6-final, Plone 2.1.3, python 2.3.5, win32)

I have created a product to configure Plone sites when this one is installed
with the quickinstaller  (basics configuration for all sites).

My first stuff is to customise some Plone templates for override some
defaults templates. I did it quite easily, at this point all works fine :-))

Now, I'd like  to set some site securities, properties with python (in
Extensions/Install.py files).
e.g.: In Security tab of the site I need to uncheck "acquire?" for "Add
portal member" and check on only for the "Manager" role.
How do that in python?

In a my instance, I have installed "DocFinderTab" product to help me, but
I'm a little lost with Products/tools/classes/methods to use...

Can give some clues to start ? (Code sample?)

Thank you,

Thierry