[Setup] Error viewing objects after upgrade from Plone 2.x to 3.x

peridoc kschonrock at booksys.com
Tue Sep 23 14:00:39 UTC 2008

All the add-ons are updated and the versions are the same in the
portal_migration.  Everything appears to be working as it should except for
this.

I have gotten past the error I mentioned in my first post.  Basically I have
boiled down the problem to be that the custom views (".pt" files) in my own
custom product are not showing up as the default view of the object in Plone
3.x like they were in Plone 2.x.  Is there anything special I have to do to
get the custom view to show up when I click on a link to my object?  The
"view" tab for the object does in fact link to the custom view of the
object...my problem is when I go to the object the very first time.  For
example, if my object is called "test" and I click on it in a folder listing
("http://plone/test"), I get a basic view in Plone 3.x of the object and not
my custom template.  If I then click on the "view" tab I go to my custom
template view of the object.  How do I get the custom template to show up
when I first click on the object?

Thanks!  (Sorry if this is confusing...I tried to explain it as well as I
could)