[Setup] Recommendation for a certain OS distribution to setup PLONE?

Sven Zeisberg zeisberg at htw-dresden.de
Tue Sep 23 08:00:13 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I would like to set up a PLONE driven web site for the purpose of
providing a public web site for a public funded international research
project
as well as a private Intranet for this international research community.
Is there any recommendation for a certain operating system /
distribution, where the setup and maintenance of the PLONE system will
be more easy than others (for example due the fact that install/update
packages will be provided in a particular convenient way)? I was
considering one of the common linux distributions such as
Debian or Ubuntu at the moment but this is only an educated guess and I
would like to have the opinion of people working with PLONE for a while.

Thank you in advance for any feedback on this issue.

Best regards,
Sven

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sven Zeisberg
University of Applied Sciences

Hochschule für Technik   email: zeisberg at htw-dresden.de
und Wirtschaft (FH)      phone: +49 351 462 3131
Friedrich-List-Platz 1   fax  : +49 351 462 2193
D-01069 DRESDEN         mobile: +49 163 149 3489
Germany                   URL : www.htw-dresden.de