[Setup] Error while installing RichDocument

francoise fcodvpt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:33:12 UTC 2008

I am following the same book

- add the product url to the [productdistros] section of buildout.cfg
urls =

http://plone.org/products/richdocument/releases/3.0.1/RichDocument-3.0.1.tar.gz
- run /bin/buildout
- create a Extensions directory in the policy product and create the
Install.py file described on page 108-109
- change the setuphandlers.py file according to the page 109

I had to uninstall the product and to install it again to get this worked

But now I cannot uninstall and install the policy product without having the
kind of message you have posted

I think this is because we have no uninstall() method in Install.py

hope this can help you