[Setup] Error viewing objects after upgrade from Plone 2.x to 3.x

peridoc kschonrock at booksys.com
Fri Sep 19 17:59:37 UTC 2008

I am testing out the possibility of upgrading our Plone 2.x to version 3.x.
I have installed 3.x using the unified installer, copied over my Data.fs,
run the portal_migration successfully on it and installed updated custom
products that are 3.x compatible.

This might be a stupid question, but my issue is that whenever I go to any
object in Plone 3.x that was created in Plone version 2.x I get the message
"We're sorry, but there seems to be an error…" instead of seeing the view of
the object.  It is almost like Plone 3.x does not recognize the default view
of the objects that were set up originally in Plone 2.x.

Is there an easy way to correct this issue that I have missed with all my
searching?

Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction!