[Setup] Using buildout behind proxy w/authentication

Lars von Wedel vonwedel at web.de
Fri Sep 12 07:43:33 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have developed a product using a Plone buildout. I recently moved into
some other environment where I am working behind an authenticated proxy and
have problems getting buildout to run.

Even using the experimental buildout installer, running buildout -o tries to
connect to the network and fails. I googled around and it seems that it
would be necessary to work on the buildout code (and how it uses urllib) to
properly authenticate with the proxy.

Are there any other options I have ? Any plans to work on this ?

Lars