[Setup] Having problem with paster

Hamzat Kamal hamzat at dnetsystems.net
Tue Sep 2 12:54:21 UTC 2008

Some few months back I was able to use a tutorial written by Martin Aspeli
and also his book Professional Plone Dev. to build a Zope/Plone server on my
winXp laptop. Unfortunately the computer crashed and I was lucky enough to
retrieve the installation folder which I copied into my new window vista
laptop.

After installing python2.4 on my laptop I was able to run my zope/plone and
continue where I had stopped.

Despite the fact that I have installed easy_install, used easy_install to
get ZopeSkel on my new laptop and added the directory where easy_install was
place to my system path I still could not run the paste script. For example
if I use paster create --list-templates at the console, it will displayed
'paster' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

Thanks

KH