[Setup] How to install example.tests egg with buildout

francoise fcodvpt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:38:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

I tried to install example.tests egg that the
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/testing/ testing tutorial  refers to
without success.

I am using Plone 3.1.3 instance and the buildout utility

I have modified my buildout.cfg file as specified in
http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/examples/example.tests/trunk/docs/INSTALL.txt
INSTALL.TXT , that is adding the egg to the egg list and zcml slug list

   [buildout]
    eggs =
        example.tests

    [instance]
    recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
    zcml =
        example.tests

but I have the following error :

Couldn't find index page for 'example.tests' (maybe misspelled?)
Getting distribution for 'example.tests'.
While:
  Installing instance.
  Getting distribution for 'example.tests'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'example.tests'.

Is there an "egg download source" to add to the default list which is the
following ?

find-links =
    http://dist.plone.org
    http://download.zope.org/ppix/