[Setup] Can't access Zope/Plone on VPS - buildout.cfg problem?

dscher davidalanscher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:30:59 UTC 2008

port 1099 is open.  i chose that one and edited buildout.cfg with 1099 as i
knew it was open outside my VPS with my hosting company.

i'm not sure i'm restarting the servers right after modding buildout.cfg.
when i SSH in and type:

sudo /opt/Plone-3.1/zeocluster/bin/buildout it gives me an error.  am i
doing something wrong?  i can get the entire thing to restart by running the
stop and start commands...but running the buildout command alone tells me no
such "directory" exists...understandably it thinks buildout is meant to be a
directory.  my lack of knowledge with SSH and linux systems is hampering me
here.  ;)