[Setup] Not able to access Plone after LDAPUserFolder install

Derson chris.derson at uk.altair.com
Wed Oct 29 12:42:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I had this problem too.  After retracing my steps and double check
everything, I found the following in the PloneLDAP README.txt:

First you need to install the python-ldap package and the LDAPUserFolder,
> LDAPMultiPlugins and PloneLDAP products in the Products folder of your
> Zope instance.

  **Do not install LDAPUserFolder from the Plone site setup screen. This
>   will break your Plone site.**

First time around I installed LDAPUserFolder from within Plone, and
instantly got trouble.

I'm re-trying without doing this, and I'll post back with some results