[Setup] Can't access Zope/Plone on VPS - buildout.cfg problem?

dscher davidalanscher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 00:09:29 UTC 2008

Hi, I installed a zeocluster buildout as root from the Plone 3.1.6 Unified
installer on a Cent OS server.  The whole install process seems to have gone
fine and I can start and stop the process in my zecluster/bin/ folders with
the commands with no problem.  It took me a day to realize that my hosting
probably had an external firewall outside my VPS which they confirmed and I
tried to edit the buildout.cfg to suit my needs with a listed port but I'm
not sure I'm doing it right.  Can someone please have a look at the excerpt
of the buildout.cfg I am posting below and tell me if there's something
obvious I'm missing.  Thanks in advance.

Just to clarify:  I can't even get to the http://mydomain:8080/manage or
/plone pages. Just comes up with nothing.  Also, the port options I'm using
is 1099.

Cheers!

------------------
[zeoserver]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2zeoserver
zope2-location = ${zope2:location}
zeo-address = 8100
effective-user = plone

[client1]
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
zope2-location = ${zope2:location}
zeo-client = true
zeo-address = ${zeoserver:zeo-address}
# The line below sets only the initial password. It will not change an
# existing password.
user = admin:z1ubnufY
http-address = 1099
effective-user = plone