[Setup] plone and vista

Paula orchid00 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:35:17 UTC 2008

 Hi everyone,

I have Vista Business Edition, don't wanna change to XP again. So the story
come like this. First I've installed ZOPE 2.11.1, which is supposed to be
the latest version by now. Then for curiosity pourposes I've intall XAMPP so
I can used apache, and my sql for other CMS. Now I'm trying to see how Plone
Works. So I've installed Plone 3.0. (I'm new with this also) as I understand
this Plone has already a Zope version, and now I'm going to uninstall my
first Zope. I hope this works, but just following the last post, about
running Plone as Administrator, I did so, and for some WEIRD reason, In the
Plone Controller, status said: Plone is not running so I clicked on START
PLONE button, and when I changed tabs it went back again to not running!,
and if it doesn't change, when I click on View PLONE it goes to
http://localhost/xampp/.

well that's about it,  I'm hopping to make this work after I install all
over again! But if somebody has done all of these before, it could be a lot
of help telling me what to do next.

Please somebody write back! I wish there could be a HOW-TO install PLONE for
beginners, step by step, There's a big need for that!

Thank you all

best regards
« Return to forum | 358 views