[Setup] Re: Problem migrating from Plone 2.05 to 3.1.7 (resent)

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Nov 24 10:56:35 UTC 2008

Steve McMahon, on 2008-11-23:
> Check your event log for errors. You may wish to clear it, then try
> starting again so that it'll be easier to find the new errors.
>
> Also, check to make sure that nothing is already using the same ports;
> that's a common source of startup failures.
>
> Finally, consider not tryint to make the jump from 2.0.5 to 3.x in one
> step. The step from 2.0.5 to 2.1 is actually the hardest, and most
> problematic. (2.1 was actually a major version change.) Many of us
> doing migrations of really old sites do it one step at a time, fixing
> problems as we move from one major version to the next.

Plus: Plone 3.x does not contain all the needed migration steps; it
can only be used to migrate from Plone 2.1 or 2.5.  For migrating a
Plone 2.0 site you need an intermediate step: either install the
latest Plone 2.1 or Plone 2.5 first and upgrade to that.

For version specific upgrade information, see:
http://plone.org/migration

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/