[Setup] Problem migrating from Plone 2.05 to 3.1.7 (resent)

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Sun Nov 23 17:23:26 UTC 2008

Check your event log for errors. You may wish to clear it, then try
starting again so that it'll be easier to find the new errors.

Also, check to make sure that nothing is already using the same ports;
that's a common source of startup failures.

Finally, consider not tryint to make the jump from 2.0.5 to 3.x in one
step. The step from 2.0.5 to 2.1 is actually the hardest, and most
problematic. (2.1 was actually a major version change.) Many of us
doing migrations of really old sites do it one step at a time, fixing
problems as we move from one major version to the next.

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:53 PM, aprati <pratiandrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I type http://localhost:8080/manage on the browser it takes several
> minutes and then the attached message is given (I prefer to capture the
> whole display so you get an idea of the given error). Basically it does not
> allow to access to ZMI at all.
>
> I know this won't help you......
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n1567807/snapshot.jpg snapshot.jpg
>

> Steve McMahon wrote:
>>
>> Make sure you're going directly to the ZMI (typically at
>> http://localhost:8080/manage) and not trying to pass through Plone to
>> get there. "global_defines" is part of Plone, not the ZMI, and
>> shouldn't be involved when viewing the ZMI.
>>
>> If you're sure you're going directly to the ZMI, and still getting an
>> error, post the complete error message, including the traceback, and
>> we should be able to tell you something more.
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM, aprati <pratiandrea at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Steve,
>>> thanks for your answer. Anyway, I don't know how to migrate from Plone
>>> 2.0.5
>>> to newer versions.
>>>
>>> My procedure is as follows:
>>> 1) install Plone 2.0.5
>>> 2) copy old Data.fs on Data/var folder