[Setup] Problem migrating from Plone 2.05 to 3.1.7 (resent)

aprati pratiandrea at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 06:50:01 UTC 2008

Hi there,
I'm really in trouble, pls help. I've recently updated a very old (but often
used) site in which Plone 2.0.5 had been installed. Data.fs file was 2.5 GB!

Anyway, I finally decided to update Plone to the latest version, but I was
not aware of the correct procedure, so I installed the 3.1.7 by using the
Windows installer (the PC has Windows Server 2003). The problem is that the
plone 3.1.7 cannot read the Data.fs. It gave me an error on global_defines.
I spent some time in trying to understand what I need to change to get it
working. At the end, I decided to roll back to Plone 2.0.5... BUT IT DOES
NOT WORK ANYMORE. It seems as the Data.fs has been corrupted.

After installing back Plone 2.0.5 I simply copied the 2.5 GB Data.fs file to
overwrite the installed Data.fs on PLONE/Data/var. Am I wrong?
Can anyone help me and let me know how I can recover the Data.fs file and/or
import it in whichever version of Plone???

Thank you very much
Andrea