[Setup] Transfer from old machine conundrum
ploneforums at richardshea.fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 18 10:19:10 UTC 2008
Machine A has Plone 3.0.4/Python 2.4.4 on Windows XP. Machine B has no Plone
installation and both Python 2.5.2 and Python 2.4.3 on Windows 2003.
I want to move the Plone installation from A to B. I understand that both
Plone and Python need to be in synch to do this.
I can't upgrade the Python 2.4.4 on machine A (other non-Plone
dependencies); I can't downgrade the Python 2.5.2 on machine B.
Would the following work ?
1. Install Python 2.5.2 on Machine A (along side existing 2.4.4).
2. Somehow (don't know how) persuade Machine A Plone to start using the
3. Upgrade Plone on Machine A to 3.1.7
4. Install Plone 3.1.7 on Machine B.
5. Transfer plone content from A to B
Can anyone tell me if the (don't know how) bit is possible ?
If (don't know how) is impossible can anyone suggest another means to help
me with this because I'm pretty stuck !
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Transfer-from-old-machine-conundrum-tp1513734p1513734.html
Sent from the Installation, Setup, Upgrades mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Setup