[Setup] Best practice to install products for Plone 3.1.x

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 18:54:27 UTC 2008

alan runyan-2 wrote:

> Steve … you rock ;)

+1

alan runyan-2 wrote:

> We must discourage people from anything other than the "official blessed
> installers".

If ever there's a return to use of the word 'experimental' then I suggest:

 * a clearer, novice-friendly, explanation of what we *mean* by
'experimental' in that situation.

For example, http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/8629 demonstrated an
*obscure* experimental issue with something *non-core* ... but for Plone
core, we find that the experimental installers are fine … or positively
recommended … or, whatever :)

(The fineness and fitness has been discussed many times, no need to
elaborate in this thread.)

Peace
Graham