[Setup] Best practice to install products for Plone 3.1.x

Alan Runyan runyaga at runyaga.com
Wed Nov 12 19:47:00 UTC 2008

Steve,

Let's no longer show anyone anything OTHER than the Windows installer buildout.
If that does not work - we need to figure out why.  We need to *STOP* having
multiple paths to the goal.  With regards to Windows *we must* tell people to
use the official Windows installers.

We already have too many ways to solve one problem in the software.  We need
One True Way to configuration and install the software.

cheers
alan

p.s. if it sounds like I'm being bitchy it is because I am.  We must discourage
people from anything other than the "official blessed installers".

p.p.s. you rock ;)