[Setup] Windows installation - buildout scripts

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 01:39:51 UTC 2008

erik kulvinskas wrote:
> excellent... now is buildout supported on the windows platform? i have no
> problem using it on OS X but am having a problem finding the buildout
> scripts on windows.

<http://plone.org/products/plone/releases/3.1.6> shows that for the current
version 3.1.6 of Plone, the buildout-based installer for Windows is
'experimental'.

<https://launchpad.net/plone/+download> for a lazy overview of the points at
which buildout-based installers are, or have been, experimental.

I'm sometimes lost in Tracs but I suspect that (a) the script you seek is
here:
<http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/Installers/Windows/trunk/3.1/buildout.cfg>

More importantly (b) I expect that the script will be installed in its
proper place if you use the experimental installer :)

As quality of buildout-based installers is a priority, I have no doubt that
any related report to Trac will be recognised swiftly.

Regards
Graham