[Setup] Content Migration from Plone 2.0.5 to 2.5.3

pidji7 p.joset at abissa.ch
Tue Nov 4 13:18:45 UTC 2008

Hello,

Hello, I have to migrate a site under Plone version 2.0.5 to Plone version
2.5.3.  As the organization and structure of the site drastically changes -
several data.fs files towards a single one, deprecated products, new site
structure and so on ...  - I decided migrate the content by applying the
Exports/Import method on a new Plone 2.5.3 installation which is fully
functional with all good installed products.

I used the following migration technique : Export/Import of the needed
folder structure and migration of CMF to AT content through the Archetype
migration tool (portal_atct). This did not give me the expected results. The
migration of the folder/underfolders/documents went well, but the display of
this structure under Plone 2.5.3 is not satisfactory. For example, the
CMFContentPanels are not transformed in Archetype files.

In this context, I have several questions:

- Is it possible to migrate some CMF content directly from 2.0.5 to 2.5.3 or
is it necessary to go through an intermediate version 2.1 of Plone ?

- Which is the better migration method ? Whole migration of the site using
the portal_migration technique or Export/Import method ?

Thank you for your advices and help