[Setup] Re: Attribute Error: clear on catalog after attempted migration (Plone 2.1.4 to 2.5.5)

Marie Robichon robichon at esrf.fr
Fri May 23 13:31:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

No, but on your advice we tried that and it didn't make any difference.

We solved the issue by deleting the portal_catalog in our 'buggy' site,
adding a new Plone site from the zope root, copying the portal_catalog
from the new empty Plone site to the 'buggy' site, rerunning the
migration then doing a clear and rebuild of the catalog. Phew!

However we still have another problem as someone else described here:

http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7532

but using Kupu 1.4.9

However this seems to work on our Intranet site which we managed to
migrate ok.

The only difference I can see is that in the Content Panel on Intranet
we can see PlacelessTranslationService 1.3.7 whereas on the Public site
we can see PlacelessTranslationService 1.3.2.

We migrated by doing a data.fs copy and both Intranet and Public point
to the same Products directory which has PTS 1.3.7 so I do not
understand why on our Public site it says we have 1.3.2.

I tried to delete the Product entry from the Control Panel and restart
my Zeo/Client but the Product does not put itself back in the products
list.  I cannot I get it to refresh itself via the refresh tab because
it tells me this not available for the product?

How can I get it to refresh itself so it considers it is using 1.3.7 and
will this sort things out?

BTW this is just one of the many problems we have had migrating from
2.1.4 to 2.5.5 (am preparing a long description of this for others to
benefit)...

thanks in advance for your help and for reading to the end  ;-)

Marie