[Setup] Re: Extend user profile with SQLPAS + remember or CMF Plone override

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Thu May 22 14:33:59 UTC 2008

Bruno Cacheira wrote:
> Yes I did and now I have figured out how to set it up as a product. I
> was missing a piece of inicialization code in the Install.py that I'll
> paste at the bottom of this message. Now I'm trying to figure out how to
> override author.pt (author.cpt?) and personalize form.

Do you mean

   CMFPlone/skins/plone_content/author.cpt

and

   CMFPlone/skins/plone_prefs/personalize_form.cpt ?

They are traditional old-style skin templates that you should be able
to customize either TTW in ZMI or by placing them in a skin layer
that you provide with your product (and register and install of course).
And make sure to copy and adjust their metadata files (for the form
controller) and eventually the form processing scripts as well.

HTH

	Raphael

  By using
> [...]
>            portal_quickinstaller.reinstallProducts([product])
>            transaction.savepoint()
>        elif not portal_quickinstaller.isProductInstalled(product):
>            portal_quickinstaller.installProduct(product)
>            transaction.savepoint()
>              for extension_id in EXTENSION_PROFILES:
>        portal_setup.runAllImportStepsFromProfile('profile-%s' %
> extension_id, purge_old=False)
>        product_name = extension_id.split(':')[0]
>        portal_quickinstaller.notifyInstalled(product_name)
>        transaction.savepoint()
>
>    out = StringIO()
>    installMembershipTool(self,out)
>    print >> out, "Installation completed."
>    return out.getvalue()
>
> def _migrateTool(portal, toolid, name, attrs):
>    orig=getToolByName(portal, toolid)
>    portal.manage_delObjects(toolid)
>    portal.manage_addProduct[PROJECTNAME].manage_addTool(name)
>    tool = getToolByName(portal, toolid)
>    #for attr in attrs:
>    #    setattr(tool, attr, aq_base(getattr(aq_base(orig), attr)))
>    return aq_base(orig)
>
> def installMembershipTool(self, out):
>    portal = getToolByName(self, 'portal_url').getPortalObject()
>    if getToolByName(self, 'portal_membership', None) is not None:
>        _migrateTool(portal, 'portal_membership',
>                     MembershipTool.meta_type,
>                     ['_actions'])
>        out.write('Migrated membership tool to AutoIMember Membership Tool')
>    else:
>
> portal.manage_addProduct[PROJECTNAME].manage_addTool(MembershipTool.meta_type,
> None)
>        out.write('Added AutoIMember Membership Tool')
>

> Raphael Ritz wrote:
>> bcacheira at dcc.fc.up.pt wrote:
>>> Thanks for your help, but I still seem to be doing something wrong.
>>> The product
>>> is listed on the additional products screen, but when i select it to
>>> install
>>> it, it does nothing. It doesn't install, apparently, because when I
>>> look up the
>>> transverse in the author info, it returns {'username': 'admin',
>>> 'description':
>>> '', 'language': '', 'home_page': '', 'location': '', 'fullname': ''},
>>> without
>>> any additional fields.
>>>
>>> For instance, in this particular case, I'm trying to get aditional
>>> information
>>> obtained by SQLPASPlugin, which I map via the col_mapping option in this
>>> plugin. For what I understood, this should be enough to allow access
>>> to if from
>>> another part of the site (in fact, I can do just that using
>>> getmemberproperties,
>>> only I want to do it by extending the MembershipTool and registering
>>> fields as
>>> "harmless"), without special permissions.
>>>
>>> I've stripped down the producto to a minimum and I basically have:
>>
>> What you show here is your customization of the member info returned
>> but did you also add your custom properties in the member *data* tool?

>>> from Globals import InitializeClass
>>> from AccessControl import ClassSecurityInfo
>>> from DateTime import DateTime
>>> from Products.CMFCore.utils import getToolByName
>>> from Products.CMFPlone.MembershipTool import MembershipTool as BaseTool
>>>

>>> class MembershipTool(BaseTool):
>>>
>>>    meta_type = "ERS Membership Tool"
>>>    title="ERS custom membership tool"
>>>
>>>    security = ClassSecurityInfo()
>>>    plone_tool = 1
>>>

>>>    security.declarePublic('getMemberInfo')
>>>    def getMemberInfo(self, memberId=None):
>>>        """
>>>        Return 'harmless' Memberinfo of any member, such as Full name,
>>>        Location, etc
>>>        """
>>>        if not memberId:
>>>            member = self.getAuthenticatedMember()
>>>        else:
>>>            member = self.getMemberById(memberId)
>>>
>>>        if member is None:
>>>            return None
>>>
>>>        memberinfo = { 'fullname'    : member.getProperty('fullname'),
>>>                       'description' : member.getProperty('description'),
>>>                       'location'    : member.getProperty('location'),
>>>                       'language'    : member.getProperty('language'),
>>>                       'home_page'   : member.getProperty('home_page'),
>>>                       'applicationname'   :
>>> member.getProperty('applicationname'),
>>>                       'username'    : member.getUserName(),
>>>                     }
>>>
>>>        return memberinfo
>>>
>>> MembershipTool.__doc__ = BaseTool.__doc__
>>>
>>> InitializeClass(MembershipTool)

>>> from Products.CMFCore.permissions import AddPortalContent
>>>
>>> ADD_CONTENT_PERMISSION = AddPortalContent
>>> PROJECTNAME = "ERSExtendMemberInfo"
>>> SKINS_DIR = 'skins'
>>>
>>> GLOBALS = globals()

>>> from Products.CMFCore import utils
>>> from Products.CMFCore.DirectoryView import registerDirectory