[Setup] Re: problem installing plone3 using buildout

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Sat May 17 01:02:36 UTC 2008

dunia, on 2008-05-17:
> Trying to install plone3 using the buildot I ran into the following
> *error* message and I don't really know what to look for:
>
> error: Couldn't find a setup script in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> An error occured when trying to install python-openid 2.0.2.Look above
> this message for any errors thatwere output by easy_install.
> While:
>   Installing plone.
>   Getting distribution for 'python-openid>=2.0.0,<2.0.999'.
> Error: Couldn't install: python-openid 2.0.2
>
> I'm running Debian Etch and using *Python* 2.4.4, GCC 4.3

You are not the first one:

http://rpatterson.net/blog/python-openid-2.0.2-broken

Some pointers from that blog entry may help you.

Or I think you could just uninstall the python-openid package from
your system and let buildout handle it (unless you need it outside of
Plone too): it will get a package for you automatically.  At least I
do not have python-openid installed on my system and buildout just
gets me the latest compatible release from the cheese shop:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-openid/2.0.1

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/