[Setup] Re: Please help with Plone 3.1.1 with LDAP

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri May 16 08:50:05 UTC 2008

MLimburg wrote:

> Had to use /path/to/python/bin/python setup.py build (and install) but it
> worked, and no more errors at that level
Ah that's right , my mistake to forget to include 'setup.py', glad you
figured it out.

> So, I extracted these two and placed them in my
> /opt/plone-3.1.1/zinstance/products directory, restarted the instance, and
> there's no change within the Addons admin page.
Thats to be expected because they're Zope products, not plone products.
Have a look in the ZMI -> Control Panel -> Product management, and they
should show up there. If they don't, its not finding them for some reason.

I think you MIGHT have copied them to the wrong products directory (I'm
not sure though, because in 3.1.1, buildout has moved everything
around). Can you find another products directory somewhere under that
instance where it could be meant to be instead?  (Other people more
familiar with buildout- generated Plone sites might comment here).

>     from Products.LDAPMultiPlugins.LDAPMultiPlugin import LDAPMultiPlugin
> ImportError: No module named LDAPMultiPlugins.LDAPMultiPlugin
This is definitely because it can't find LDAPMultiPlugins.

Regarding simplon.plone.ldap,  you can use PloneLDAP on its own without
simplon.plone.ldap, but the latter makes it easier to configure.

For comparison, on our live 2.5.x site we use PloneLDAP without
simplon.plone.ldap, and it also seems to work fine (finally!) on our
test Plone 3.0.x site. I'm about to upgrade our test site to 3.1.x and
probably still do without simplon.plone.ldap unless its required.

One comment - 3.1.1 is pretty new still. It makes sense to use the
latest Plone I guess, but obviously docs are a work-in-progress.

Regards,
Nick

--
Nick Davis