[Setup] Attribute Error: clear on catalog after attempted migration (Plone 2.1.4 to 2.5.5)

Marie Robichon robichon at esrf.fr
Thu May 15 14:06:06 UTC 2008

We have launched the migration of our site (on a development server of
course) from

Core Plone information

     * CMF: CMF-1.5.7
     * Debug mode: No
     * Platform: linux2
     * Plone File System: 2.1.4
     * Plone Instance: 2.1.4
     * Python: 2.3.5 (#1, Sep 30 2005, 12:16:40) [GCC 3.4.3 20050227
(Red Hat 3.4.3-22.1)]
     * Zope: (Zope 2.8.8-final, python 2.3.5, linux2)

Core Plone information

     * CMF: CMF-1.6.4
     * Debug mode: No
     * Five: Five 1.3.10
     * PIL: 1.1.5
     * Platform: linux2
     * Plone File System: 2.5.5
     * Plone Instance: 2.5.5
     * Python: 2.4.4 (#1, Feb 21 2007, 13:17:36) [GCC 3.4.4 20050721
(Red Hat 3.4.4-2)]
     * Zope: (Zope 2.9.8-final, python 2.4.4, linux2)

The migration seemed to go ok but at the end was the message

     * Exception was thrown while cataloging
     * File
"/www/ESRFDevelopment-2.5/PloneCore/CMFPlone/MigrationTool.py", line
360, in upgrade catalog.refreshCatalog(clear=1)
     * File
"/www/Zope-2.9.8-final/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py", line
290, in refreshCatalog cat.clear()
     * File
"/www/Zope-2.9.8-final/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/Catalog.py", line
108, in clear self.getIndex(index).clear()

Nothing was indexed by the catalog so I tried to do a clear and rebuild
but get the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 196, in publish_module_standard
     * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
34, in new_publish
     * Module Zope2.App.startup, line 222, in zpublisher_exception_hook
     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 410, in
manage_catalogRebuild
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 398, in
clearFindAndRebuild
     * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 316, in manage_catalogClear
     * Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 108, in clear

AttributeError: clear

When I launch a Find Objects for objects with the permission Add portal
content, I am able to index my objects but when I click on one of them
to see the catalog entry I get an AttributeError getEntryForObject

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 196, in publish_module_standard
     * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
34, in new_publish
     * Module Zope2.App.startup, line 222, in zpublisher_exception_hook
     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
     * Module App.special_dtml, line 176, in _exec
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 626, in renderwob
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 196, in eval
       __traceback_info__: _
     * Module <string>, line 0, in ?
     * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 636, in getIndexDataForRID
     * Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 437, in getIndexDataForRID

AttributeError: getEntryForObject

Also when I try to view a page, I do not see any content just the green
editors box around a blank area (but I suppose this is due to the
catalog problem), and when I try to add a page from the add an item
dropdown I do not see an edit form I just get a status message "Page has
been edited".

Your help would be gratefully appreciated.

best regards

Marie Robichon