[Setup] Please help with Plone 3.1.1 with LDAP

MLimburg mark.limburg at police.sa.gov.au
Wed May 14 01:56:41 UTC 2008

So close .. so close ..

Nick Davis-3 wrote:

> <path-to-the-python-generated-by-unified-installer>/bin/python build
> <path-to-the-python-generated-by-unified-installer>/bin/python install
>
> The result is that Plone's python now has python-ldap installed.
>
> Its actually quite simple so long as you take care of any dependencies
> it whines about (which can be less simple to disentangle  ;-)   )

Had to use /path/to/python/bin/python setup.py build (and install) but it
worked, and no more errors at that level ... fantastic, thanks for the input
there mate, feeling closer to the end solution.

My next step was to install simplon.plone.ldap which, when using
easy_install seemed to go smoothly and it also grabbed PloneLDAP as well.
Which is a little confusing, because I've downloaded the PloneLDAP product
from the plone site, and it has two additional required plugins,
LDAPMultiPlugins and LDAPUserFolder.

So, I extracted these two and placed them in my
/opt/plone-3.1.1/zinstance/products directory, restarted the instance, and
there's no change within the Addons admin page.  I checked my logs, and
here's the snippet ..

2008-05-14T10:53:09 ERROR Application Couldn't install PloneLDAP
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/opt/plone-3.1.1/zinstance/parts/zope2/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line
758, in install_product
    global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File
"/opt/plone-3.1.1/Python-2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Products.PloneLDAP-1.0-py2.4.egg/Products/PloneLDAP/__init__.py",
line 4, in ?
    from Products.PloneLDAP.plugins.ldap import PloneLDAPMultiPlugin
  File
"/opt/plone-3.1.1/Python-2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Products.PloneLDAP-1.0-py2.4.egg/Products/PloneLDAP/plugins/ldap.py",
line 5, in ?
    from Products.LDAPMultiPlugins.LDAPMultiPlugin import LDAPMultiPlugin
ImportError: No module named LDAPMultiPlugins.LDAPMultiPlugin

Have I the correct location, or am I missing some vital step here ..

Oh and as a side note, once I get this all running, I *am* going to write as
a complete HOWTO on getting this up and running as I think LDAP connectivity
is a vital piece of kit for using plone within a corporate(ish) environment.

Soooo close ...