[Setup] Re: completely locked out

Gary Koskenmaki garyk at skilltran.net
Thu Mar 27 06:27:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 23:58 +0000, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Gary Koskenmaki wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply Stefan, but I'd already tried that.  It doesn't
> > work because cookies are somehow disabled and I cannot reach a login
> > portal in Plone or any kind of login prompt in the ZMI.
>
> Are cookies enabled in your browser? Perhaps the automated tool turned
> them off?
>
> Martin

Yes.  They are enabled.  The message I get from the plone site, where
the login portlet should appear but does not, is that because cookies
are disbled the login portlet will not work.

I think everyone who has answered this is misunderstanding the problem.
Maybe it's because of the way I explained it.

I'm not even being given a chance to login.  I don't see how whether I
have cookies enabled or disabled in my browser could cause that.  If I
had cookies disabled in my browser I would get an error message telling
me I need to enable cookies after I entered my username and password.  I
can't enter my user name and password as the login portal does not exist
on the Plone site.

When accessing the ZMI from the Zope Quick Start page no login form pops
up when clicking on the Zope Management Interface link and results in an
error saying that a resource is not available.  The resource that is
does not exist is according to the error message is
http://localhost:8081/acl_users/credentials_cookie_auth/login_form, i.e.
where you enter the administrator's user name and password.  It simply
doesn't pop up to give me a chance to enter the ZMI.  That cannot be
browser related.