[Setup] Problem installing/compiling ZopeSkel

salviga liston at condorsolutions.com
Wed Mar 19 19:27:21 UTC 2008

I am running Ubuntu 7.1 Gutsy on a Virtual machine under VMWare workstation.
I am attempting a new install of Zope/Plone via the method in "Professional
Plone Development".  I installed Python 2.4.4 and rolled it back so that
Py2.4 is the version that comes up as the default version.  I Installed
python-dev and made sure all the pre-requisites are in place but I am
getting an error during the ZopeSkel install.  My Gcc is version 4.1.3

multiple warnings have not been listed.

" error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit
status 1"

I have seen this error in my searches, but no clean answers were listed.  I
know it probably relates to my versions, so I am asking for assistance.

Thanks,

Salviga